Saturday, September 27, 2008

African Divas Vol. 2




As promised, here is African Divas Vol. 2, originally posted last year as African Serenades Vol. 47b at Matsuli Music.

I apologize for the brevity of this post. Perhaps in the future when I have more time I will update it to include background information about these wonderful singers:

1. Abidjan Adja - Antoinette Konan (Côte d'Ivoire)
2. Barika Barika - Djeneba Seck (Mali)
3. Meta Meta - Martha Ashagari (Ethiopia)
4. Ami - Bebe Manga (Cameroun)
5. Ekwe - Onyeka Onwenu (Nigeria)
6. Medim Me Yom - Tity Edima (Cameroun)
7. La Paille et la Poutre - Nimon Toki Lala (Togo)
8. Mundeke - Afrigo Band featuring Rachael Magoola (Uganda)
9. Takko Wade - Kiné Lam (Senegal)
10. Keffa - Abonesh Adnew (Ethiopia)
11. Nyu Madin - Marthe Zambo (Cameroun)
12. Don't Let Me Go - Hindirah (Côte d'Ivoire)
13. Pare Chocs - Vonga Aye (Congo)
14. Dieleul-Dieuleul - Aby Ngana Diop (Senegal)
African Divas Vol. 2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite awesome

Thanks for exposing me to music I may have otherwise never heard!

Damien

ankobra said...

is madagascar not part of africa? - if it is then Vaiavy Chila is better than all these divas

Dolmance said...

I've just discovered this wonderful site, where I got volumes 1,2, & 4 of "African Divas." Listening to these recordings, I knew pretty quick that these would be among my favorite and most durable sound collections ever. What I mean is, I will be listening to these African divas for the rest of my life. I can't wait to hear your many other offerings, however, I have a request. I feel bad even asking, but what can I do? I'm possessed!!!

Any chance you could make "African Divas Vol. 3" available once again? I just came to the party too late to snag it, and it will be a source of pain and sadness forever until I do. Thank you so much. Stay safe. Be well. Keep 'em coming!!!

John B. said...

Hi Dolmance,

I've been meaning to put Vol. 3 online again (I didn't compile that one) but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Be patient!

John B. said...

Ankobra:

See this post!

https://likembe.blogspot.com/2020/03/malagasy-divas-2.html

Dolmance said...

Hi John B.
Yes, that page (Malagasy-Divas-2) was the first page I found on your site. And I snatched those up quick too. The very first items I got here, so thank you! But I still want African Divas Vol. 3. My God, these comprise a great collection. I will listen to them forever.